If you are a recent graduate, living in Scotland, who is unemployed or not in graduate-level work, and feel that your career is not where you had hoped then GCAS can help. We are a new initiative linked to the Young Person’s Guarantee that supports recent, eligible graduates living in Scotland to find rewarding employment by offering careers support and access to high-quality paid internships.
By taking part in the programme, you can use your existing skills, develop networks and professional skills, build confidence, and gain valuable experience for your CV either through our career development support and / or paid internships.
To get started, you will complete a brief application form so that we can check you are eligible to join our Talent Pool.
Benefits of applying to the GCAS Talent Pool
As a member of the Talent Pool, you’ll be able to apply for our internships and receive weekly emails advertising our latest opportunities, gain access to an online course via Open Learn, and you can take advantage of live and recorded career development sessions.
We offer support and access to internships, but how you engage with us is up to you; you can pick and choose what feels most relevant. You may choose to access careers support and then find employment outside our programme, receive support to apply and then start an internship with a GCAS employer, or apply straight away to one of our internships.
You will be responsible for applying to each vacancy you are interested in, but we can support you to move forward if you are facing barriers, for example, if you consistently receive rejections at the application or interview stages.
Benefits of a GCAS internship
- Duration: 6 months (varied / flexible options available)
- Salary: at least the minimum National Living Wage – currently £9.50 per hour
- Varied working patterns – starting at 16 hours per week
- High-quality internship:
- A clear role with milestones and tangible outcomes
- Develops you professionally
- Benefits the organisation
- Professional Development Planning and regular review with your internship provider
- Peer support
- End of internship support to take your next steps